Thank you for submitting your songs to the MY NYC SONG TEEN SONGWRITING CONTEST!
Winners will be announced on or close to October 24th!
Songs Will Be Judged on the Following Criteria
- Appeal of the song concept and subject matter
- Overall quality of the song
- Interpretation of the New York City theme
- Grand Prize Winner and 2 Finalists will receive:
- Professional recording session that will result in a digital recording of the winner’s song
- 2 VIP tickets to Guitar Mash at City Winery on November 19th, 2017
- One-on-one mentoring session with Ben Lovett, co-founder and musician of Grammy award-winning band Mumford & Sons, and co-founder of Communion Music.
- In addition the Grand Prize Winner will receive a performance spot/have their song performed at Guitar Mash at City Winery on November 19th, 2017 working in collaboration with Guitar Mash Artistic Director Mark Stewart.
And Just Added:
Universal Music Publishing Group songwriter/producers Carl Sturken and Evan Rogers!
Guitar Mash is proud to be partnering with the City of New York Mayor’s Office of Media and Entertainment.
Julie Menin is the Commissioner of the Mayor’s Office of Media and Entertainment, an agency encompassing the key economic and creative sectors of film, TV, theater, music, advertising, publishing, and digital content. In total, these industries account for over 305,000 jobs in New York City and $104 billion in economic output.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. OPEN TO NYC RESIDENTS AGED 13 TO 19. MINORS MUST OBTAIN PARENTAL CONSENT. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. Contest ends 10/5/2017. Click here for Official Rules, prize descriptions, and odds disclosure.
Sponsors: Musiquarium, Inc., 42 Wooster Street #4, New York, NY 10013; NYC Mayor’s Office of Media and Entertainment, 1697 Broadway, 6th Floor, New York, NY 10019.