MY NYC SONG: A TEEN SONGWRITING CONTEST
DO YOU LIVE IN NYC?
ARE YOU A TEEN?
DO YOU HAVE A SONG IN YOU INSPIRED BY THIS AMAZING CITY?
DEADLINE EXTENDED TO OCTOBER 12th!
What You Need To Know
- You must be 13-19 years old at time of entry and reside in New York City
- Entries must be received no later than October 12, 2017 @ 11:59pm (EST)
- This registration form (click here) must be completed and submitted along with your entry
- Winners will be announced on or around October 23, 2017
- Recorded entry must
- must include a guitar or ukulele, and your voice and can feature up to two people
- be no longer than five minutes in length
- be submitted as an mp3 file along with a PDF of song lyrics via the entry form
- be an original song about or inspired by NYC (neighborhoods, communities, etc)
Songs Will Be Judged on the Following Criteria
- Appeal of the song concept and subject matter
- Overall quality of the song
- Interpretation of the New York City theme
- Grand Prize Winner and 2 Finalists will receive:
- Professional recording session that will result in a digital recording of the winner’s song
- 2 VIP tickets to Guitar Mash at City Winery on November 19th, 2017
- One-on-one mentoring session with Ben Lovett, co-founder and musician of Grammy award-winning band Mumford & Sons, and co-founder of Communion Music.
- In addition the Grand Prize Winner will receive a performance spot at Guitar Mash at City Winery on November 19th, 2017 working in collaboration with Guitar Mash Artistic Director Mark Stewart.
Guitar Mash is proud to be partnering with the City of New York Mayor’s Office of Media and Entertainment.
Julie Menin is the Commissioner of the Mayor’s Office of Media and Entertainment, an agency encompassing the key economic and creative sectors of film, TV, theater, music, advertising, publishing, and digital content. In total, these industries account for over 305,000 jobs in New York City and $104 billion in economic output.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. OPEN TO NYC RESIDENTS AGED 13 TO 19. MINORS MUST OBTAIN PARENTAL CONSENT. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. Contest ends 10/5/2017. Click here for Official Rules, prize descriptions, and odds disclosure.
Sponsors: Musiquarium, Inc., 42 Wooster Street #4, New York, NY 10013; NYC Mayor’s Office of Media and Entertainment, 1697 Broadway, 6th Floor, New York, NY 10019.